W E L C O M E L O S T I N C H A O S M E D I A Z I N E F O R U M S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IndeksGalleryLatest imagesPencarianPendaftaranLogin
Pencarian

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Admin (166)
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Vote_lcapDAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Voting_barDAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Vote_rcap 
Herry SIC (136)
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Vote_lcapDAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Voting_barDAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Vote_rcap 
Overture (47)
Im The Legend (38)
Enter The Dragon (27)
SkullHog (22)
XPEMBUNUHX (12)
ejmzine (4)
akbarmayat (3)
Rizkygrind (3)
Latest topics
» WP News: INTERNAL AMPUTATION & MEPHISTOPHELES
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty21.05.14 0:33 by WP

» LOST IN CHAOS MEDIAZINE PRINTOUT ISSUE # 24 OUT NOW !!!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty13.04.14 20:27 by Herry SIC

» Incinerate Resmi Bergabung dengan Comatose Music
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty13.04.14 9:09 by Herry SIC

» MIRELLA SANTANA
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty06.04.14 19:34 by XPEMBUNUHX

» TOSHIHIRO EGAWA
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty02.04.14 10:17 by SkullHog

» Spiros Antoniou AKA SETH SIRO ANTON ART
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty02.04.14 9:51 by SkullHog

» (LENGKAP) MENGENAL LEBIH DEKAT SENIMAN DAN SEA GRAVE
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty02.04.14 9:32 by SkullHog

» TONY KOEHL
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty02.04.14 9:11 by SkullHog

» KOBARU ART
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty02.04.14 8:42 by SkullHog

» Para Member Band ENTOMBED, NECROPHOBIC dan UNLEASHED Bikin Band Baru, FIREBORN !!!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty01.04.14 11:33 by SkullHog

» SWORN ENEMY Siap memuntahkan Album baru mereka " Living On Borrowed Time " via Rock Ridge Music/ADA
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty01.04.14 11:21 by SkullHog

» Why Vinyl Will Never Die ??
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty28.03.14 7:07 by Im The Legend

» Why British Black Metal Absolutely Rules Right Now ??
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty28.03.14 7:01 by Im The Legend

» FEED HER TO THE SHARKS Kini Resmi Bergabung dengan VICTORY RECORDS
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty26.03.14 11:30 by Im The Legend

» Bassist MÖTLEY CRÜE, NIKKI SIXX Menikahi Model Muda Berusian 28 Tahun, COURTNEY BINGHAM
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty26.03.14 10:57 by Overture

» ★ METAL BANDS TO LOVE TO HATE ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 7:10 by SkullHog

» ★ IN FLAMES ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:58 by SkullHog

» ★ GRAVE (Swedish Legend Death Metal) ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:53 by SkullHog

» ★ DEICIDE ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:50 by SkullHog

» ★ BROKEN HOPE ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:46 by SkullHog

» ★ AT THE GATES ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:43 by SkullHog

» ★ ADRENALINE MOB ★
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 6:35 by SkullHog

» THE AGONIST - New Album Teaser!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 5:57 by SkullHog

» METALLICA Rilis Lagu " Lords of Summer (Garage Demo Version) " Streaming Full
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty20.03.14 5:48 by SkullHog

» JUDAS PRIEST Selesaikan Album Terbaru yang Siap Rilis Akhir Tahun 2014 ini
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 16:10 by Herry SIC

» Humiliation - Savior Of Human Destruction CD 2012
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 14:36 by Herry SIC

» ASPHYX Drummer Bob Bagchus Mengundurkan Diri
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:56 by Herry SIC

» LACUNA COIL Segera Persiapkan Album barunya " Broken Crown Halo " 1 April 2014 ini
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:53 by Herry SIC

» EMMURE Siapkan Album Baru " Eternal Enemies " Pada 15 April 2014
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:51 by Herry SIC

» FLOTSAM AND JETSAM Berpisah Dengan Gitaris EDWARD CARLSON dan Bassist JASON WARD
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:49 by Herry SIC

» AT THE GATES, MERAUDER, ENTOMBED, Ex-SOILWORK Members Kini Bersatu dalam Proyek Band AKANI
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:48 by Herry SIC

» Batalkan Perform Musim Panas ini, IN FLAMES Sibuk Siapkan Materi album Barunya
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty19.03.14 10:44 by Herry SIC

» DOWN Kenalkan Track Anyarnya " We Knew Him Well "
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 15:41 by Overture

» ENSLAVED Mulai Kerjakan Materi Album Baru Tahun ini
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 15:35 by Overture

» Frontman SHADOWS FALL Bikin Proyek Baru bernama DOWNPOUR
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 11:54 by Overture

» Bassis Band Technical Death Metal Sadis Swedia SOREPTION, Rickard Persson Mengundurkan diri dari Formasi
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 11:52 by Overture

» THE AGONIST Umumkan Vokalis Baru !
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 11:50 by Overture

» ANGELA GOSSOW Hengkang dari ARCH ENEMY !!!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 11:43 by Overture

» Telah Beredar INDONESIA METAL ZINE Edisi 2014 !!!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty18.03.14 10:11 by Overture

» H-2 World-Wide Digital Release of "WHEN AUTUMN ENDS"!
DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty17.03.14 21:59 by Overture

Most Viewed Topics
★ ADRENALINE MOB ★
TOSHIHIRO EGAWA
BLOODTRUTH Signs With UNIQUE LEADER RECORDS !!!
THERION " Theli (Deluxe Edition & Adulruna Rediviva And Beyond) DVD out now!
SKENA METAL LAMONGAN YANG MULAI USANG
New Line Up GRAUSIG 2014 !!!
Bersimbah Darah (Bali) New Line Up
OUT NOW HELLRAIZER "Disclosure Of Cosmogony : Dawn To The Ruination CD 2014
★ DEICIDE ★
Panic - Epidemic CD 1991
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of W E L C O M E L O S T I N C H A O S M E D I A Z I N E F O R U M S on your social bookmarking website
Most active topic starters
Admin
Herry SIC
Overture
Im The Legend
Enter The Dragon
SkullHog
XPEMBUNUHX
akbarmayat
ejmzine
pasukanjihad
Statistics
Total 20 user terdaftar
User terdaftar terakhir adalah molifar

Total 461 kiriman artikel dari user in 423 subjects
User Yang Sedang Online
Total 1 user online :: 0 Terdaftar, 0 Tersembunyi dan 1 Tamu

Tidak ada

User online terbanyak adalah 18 pada 12.03.14 1:50
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Poll

DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners "

Go down 
PengirimMessage
Im The Legend

Im The Legend

Jumlah posting : 38
Lokasi : Blitar City

DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty
PostSubyek: DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners "   DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Empty11.03.14 0:31

DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Dave-lombardo-2

Mark Dean of Myglobalmind webzine recently conducted an interview with former SLAYER and current PHILM drummer Dave Lombardo. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Myglobalmind: Looking back over your extensive musical career, what have been the particular high and low points?
Dave: Well, it fluctuates; up and down, you know. A low point was probably January of last year whenever [the most recent split] went down, you know, with SLAYER. It was leading up to that, you know, unfortunately. Well, not really leading up to it, because my bags were ready and packed to go [with the band to Australia for the Soundwave festival].

Myglobalmind: It still must be difficult for you on a personal level? As they were your friends, and people that you had grown up with.
Dave: Yeah, it's strange. It's unfortunate as well, because I realize now that they weren't really my friends. They were just business partners. I lived and hung out with them, as if they were friends. "Wow, these guys are watching out for me," and it didn't quite turn out that way.

Myglobalmind: How do you feel one year on? Has your attitude to the situation mellowed, or…?
Dave: Yeah, I have, I am more, like, "Oh, well, shit happens." Move on, you know.

Myglobalmind: Are you generally a modest person about your personal musical talent and ability? How do you deal, for example, with compliments. I read, for example, that Bill Ward [BLACK SABBATH] called you “one of the best drummers in metal"?
Dave: Yeah, I am honored. First of all, I am honored to have Bill Ward as my friend. This is a guy that I looked at these albums and listened to this music, and played along to these albums as a child and a little kid. For me to know Bill, it is surreal, and it feels very odd, but it is awesome.

Myglobalmind: How do you find being a working and touring musician in the Internet age? Is it more difficult to make a living?
Dave: Well, it is.

Myglobalmind: You can't do this full time? I have talked to other guys who have established careers and still have to take other jobs because life is difficult, and can't sustain a living solely from music.
Dave: Well, the thing is you have to find other ways and get creative and find other ways to market your music and to recreate yourself. It's, like, once the Internet and the worldwide web came into the picture, everyone scrambled, and the first was the music industry, because everyone was downloading music, so they started scrambling ways to make a living. So you just have to get creative. Yeah, it is difficult. It's a little different. The royalties aren't the same from the physical CDs, but there are other avenues of income that you just need to sign up online and you will start receiving royalties on the songs that you have recorded. I never knew this until recently, about six months ago, and it was, like, "Woah, I got a nice check in the mail." All I did was just go online and register my name all the music that I did in my life that I have recorded.

Myglobalmind: That you weren't aware of, that type of royalties thing?
Dave: I was never aware of. Nobody told me, thank you fucking very much.

Myglobalmind: What about your health over the years? Playing drums at the velocity and energy levels that you exhibit regularly on stage, has that had any adverse health effects?
Dave: Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Thank God. I've been healthy. The only things that have been wrong was I broke my leg and I had to stop for only about three weeks 'cause I got straight on the drums again. They said, "No, you gotta stay off the leg. No, no." I worked it up.

Myglobalmind: It's in the blood, is it?
Dave: Yeah, I just kept going and it was great. I wrote a song and it's on the new album, the new PHILM album, with a broken leg, so… But other than that, no. I drink a lot of water. I try to stay off the booze, although I like it, but there's limits. I try to eat right and I try to walk a lot. You could really become… You could grow stagnant. You could get very lazy if you don't stay active.

Myglobalmind: Playing that type of music obviously is going to have that chance of health issues…
Dave: I started PHILM, you know, when I noticed that [SLAYER], in a way, health-wise, was crumbling, not only with Jeff [Hanneman, guitar], but with Tom [Araya, bass/vocals] and Kerry [King, guitar] doesn't take care of himself. He should be careful. Well, I'm not going to tell him that…

Myglobalmind: Nobody would tell him that.
Dave: Nobody. And I'm not either.

Myglobalmind: He's quite an imposing character, shall we say.
Dave: Yeah, of course. He has a lot of insecurities.

Read the entire interview at Myglobalmind.
http://myglobalmind.com/2014/03/09/exclusive-interview-thrash-drum-legend-dave-lombardo-former-slayer/

DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners " Dave-Lombardo

Kembali Ke Atas Go down

DAVE LOMBARDO On SLAYER " They Weren't Really My Friends. They Were Just Business Partners "
Kembali Ke Atas 
Halaman 1 dari 1